Counseling for New Parents
For new parents, it can be upsetting and frightening to have feelings about parenthood that don’t seem “right.”
For some, a morning run, a healthy diet and receiving help and support from family and friends are sufficient enough to get through the initial adjustment period. For others, talking to a therapist who specializes in dealing with new parenthood issues can be comforting, relieving and enlightening. Some parents feel very overwhelmed, some just need help adjusting to new roles and responsibilities. Whatever you need in this process, we can help.
We have extensive experience in post-partum disorders understand that hormone changes, personal and family history, and social support are all vital factors in understanding and alleviating postpartum symptoms.
Common postpartum symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you should have become a mother in the first place
- Feeling guilty due to high self-expectations
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge your inabilities
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation. Together, we’ll find the underlying issues that make you feel disconnected from your baby and create a strategy for moving forward. Contact us today to see how we can help.